Saturday 10 March 2012

Tutorial with David Rule

The tutorial went better than I thought it would go despite me not having a tutorial for this project yet due to illness. I was quite nervous to show the group my images since I hadn't shown anyone the images before and I was worried people might get the wrong idea such as that I think I look like these people or that I look like who I am in the photographs etc. But they didn't!
I had some good ideas put forward by everyone:
  • To portray the icons like the media images that people remember of them, like Bjork attacking a photographer or Courtney Love looking haggard and coked up coming off the red carpet. 
  • To film the transformations I undertake to look like the icons, like the make up I wear or the props/ accessories that trigger the memory of those people. 
  • To just concentrate on Madonnas transformations during her career.
  • To look at what makes people realise and think about who I am in the photos - the make up, costume, pose, props and accessories. 
I'm sticking with shooting in my room since it has the ability to ground the images to reality. As if it's saying 'this is what is actually happening'. To make it clear I am just dressing up as these people, not recreating the images to precision.
Overall I'm really excited to get stuck in to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment