Wednesday 21 March 2012

Alis Pelleschi

I found this work the other evening as I follow the artist on a micro blog site called Tumblr. I absolute adore it. It's very close to what I've been doing myself so it immediately resonates.
The series of work is titled 'Lonely hearts' and it's based around the idea of lonely heart videos that were popular in the late eighties and nineties. Pelleschi herself is her only model and the characters go by different names. Her portraits are stylized and beautifully comedic that the whole project gives me inspiration to further this project.



 I also love that you can just about identify her own strong features in the portraits and also the amount of make up she's used to become the different identities.
This set of portraits go along side a video piece where Pelleschi forms a 'real' dating tape out of her characters.

It's given me an idea that I could make a video of me miming to the characters main hit song that I'm portraying... I may try it when I do my final shoot tonight before the formative deadline. Cyndi Lauper. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment