Saturday 10 March 2012

First few ideas

Of course I failed to mention the 'sub theme' which is 'Epics of the everyday'. So these are ideas based around said sub-theme:

  • Documenting all the images I see in a day. - Have been thinking about this project for a while. Everything is so visually focused these days with the internet flashing images on every window, I think it would be interesting to log all the images I see in a day and use them to make a piece of work.
  • Recreating Frida Kahlo paintings. - Again, another project I've thought a lot of. I'm a huge Frida Kahlo fan and I'm very influenced by her work and her story. I'd love to recreate a few famous pieces of her work on a large scale. Her images work as a tableau of narrative but I'm unsure how this project would fit the epics of everyday theme.
  • Story telling. - Writing a story then story-boarding it with images. Whimsical and deadpan, maybe with self-portraits. 
  • Based on lyrics. - I find lyrics, poetry and literature heavily influential and would love to do a project loosely based on lyrics from a song. Then maybe play the song as the story unfolds.
  • The influences. - Self portraits dressed up as feminist icons from pop culture formed into a timeline. Centering on female pop culture icons from the '50's to present day. Would tell a historical story but also reflect on the choices women have on a daily basis of who they would like to 'look like'. 
  • Create. - I'd create a story from a set of found images I bought in a flea market in Berlin last year. I will do something with them in the future! 
I think out of all those ideas, I'll concentrate on exploring 'the influences' project but still keep my mind open to changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment